MJF CAD Solutions is based in Swindon, Wiltshire, and was founded by Mike Ferne. Mike Ferne currently trades as MJF CAD Solutions.
With over 22 years CAD experience, working with architects, engineers and developers alike, Mike has worked as a space planner, a CAD and Graphic Specialist, a CAD Technician, a design draughtsman and a CAD manager.
Mike's clients range from home owners, builders, developers, conservatory companies, Renewable Energy Consultants, commercial fit out companies and building services engineers and, with a wide range of colleagues in the building industry such as Building Control Surveyors, Engineers and planning consultants, Mike is confident the plans drawn service you receive is second to none.
Using the latest version of Autodesk's AutoCAD CAD package, planning permission and building regulations plans for home extensions and conversions are drawn and submitted with the relevant applications to the local authority.
As an accredited agent for Swindon Borough Council, Mike can submit a planning application and have it processed in 6 weeks instead of the 8 weeks normally achieved by Swindon Borough Council.
MJF CAD Solutions is also a member of the Buy with Confidence Government scheme. The Buy With Confidence scheme provides consumers with a list of reputable businesses that they can trust and use with confidence and to support and recognise those businesses which are committed to high standards of trading and prepared to comply with both the letter and the spirit of the law.
MJF CAD Solutions is a member of the LABC (Local Authority Building
Control) partner Authority Scheme. This enables us to have a one-to-one
working relationship with a preferred local authority for Building
Regulation advice and plan appraisal. The site inspections are carried
out by the local authority where each project is carried out.
There are a number of benefits to this scheme including:
• This scheme helps to simplify and speed up the building process generating substantial savings in time and money.
• A dedicated professional building control surveyor from the preferred local authority becomes part of the design team to offer advice on all projects no matter where they are in the country.
• The design team approach ensures that any issues can be resolved early in the design process and will eliminate the need for expensive corrections later in the construction phase.
• The single point of contact provided through this scheme results in a consistent approach to plan appraisal.
• Any local conditions, site specific information and necessary consultations are investigated on behalf of the client.
MJF CAD Solutions are fully insured with public liability and professional indemnity cover.
In 2020, MJF CAD Solutions won the Local Building Excellence Awards for the best large size extension and are a Regional finalist for the LABC Building Excellence Awards 2020